The Ministry Model
– The WHEEL POWER Pickleball Ministry Team will come along-side the local church, working closely with the church leaders, to help develop and grow this exciting program in their church.
– Judy Bowman will teach the basics of the sport of Pickleball in a clinic format to all interested church members first. She will bring the nets, balls, paddles, tape to mark the floor and an official Rule Book so your Pickleball program came be up in running within hours.
– We believe that Pickleball will provide a way to draw people from your community to participate in this sport, as well as give them a warm and welcome introduction to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and to your church.
– A church Pickleball program encourages church members and attendees to reach out to friends, family and neighbors by inviting them to participate in this fun activity.
– A church Pickleball program creates an environment that is conducive to building relationships, discipleship and fellowship.
– A church Pickleball program provides a non-threatening, wholesome, relational environment that embraces and emphasizes Christ-like attitudes, encourages spiritual growth and promotes physical fitness.
If your church is interested, Judy Bowman believes it is also important that church members know how to share their faith. If wanted, or needed, Judy will teach a core group of Christians from your church, who want to play Pickleball, about how to “Talk to anyone, anytime, anyplace about Jesus.” Judy Bowman’s book, UNTIL The Road Ends, will be the instructional manual used in the evangelism teaching sessions. Judy has also published her testimony Tract to hand out to players called, “Is There Life After Pickleball?”
Pickleball tends to be an addictive sport and so we try to balance it by keeping our priorities in check. We strongly recommend that before each Pickleball session, a short 5-8 minute “Word for the Day” is shared with the players. Someone from the church will be the one to lead this and it can rotate from different members or players or both. We also recommend taking prayer requests within the Pickleball group and keeping those written down for follow-up.
For more questions or to schedule a clinic or speak with Judy about the possibility of having Pickleball at your church, contact Judy Bowman.